Eric Freeman was botrn in 1970 in Brooklyn, New York. He obtained a B.F.A at the Tufts University, Massachusetts in 1993.
Freeman is known for his large-scale monochromatic paintings that bear reference to Color Field Painting. Luminescent geometric forms are created through contrasting hues. The artist seeks to influence the way light is perceived by the interplay of light and texture, creating illusions of depth. The almost electric glow is enhanced by a special medium created by the artist that is applied onto the canvas, and thus the act of painting and experimenting with colors is an essential part of Freeman's practice.
He has held numerous solo exhibitions throughout the United States and Europe and his work is included in such collections as Parrish Art Museum in Watermill, New York, Saatchi Collection in London, Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation and the Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art in Helsinki.
Freeman lives in New York City and Sagaponack.
- New Paintings, Launch F18, New York
- Circle Culture Gallery Solo Show, Hamburg, Germany
- Tripoli Gallery, Southampton, NY, USA
- Western Project, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- New Paintings, Fred Torres Collaborations, New York, NY, USA
- Galerie Forsblom, Helsinki, Finland
- Summer Show, Leila Heller Gallery, New York, NY, USA
- RADIATE – Meta Energies in Contemporary Art, Circle Culture Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- Art International Istanbul, Art Fair, Circle Culture Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey
- Vienna Art Fair, Circle Culture Gallery, Vienna, Austria
- UNTITLED. International Contemporary Art Fair Miami Beach, FL, Eric Firestone Gallery
- "Storage Wars" Eric Firestone Gallery, East Hampton, NY
- New Paintings, Tripoli Gallery, Southampton, New York, US
- Thanksgiving Collective 2012: Modern Salon, Tripoli Gallery, Southampton, New York, US
- New Paintings, Western Project, Los Angeles, CA, US