Paul Kremer is an American artist increasingly known for his distinctly organic minimalist abstractions. Kremer uses traditional methods, working with fluid acrylics on raw canvas to achieve heavily formal compositions that are softened by the texture of their permeable support.
Continuously evolving, the artist retains links in palette, formal cues and essentialist virtues. What stands out is the manner in which these flat fields of color embody a liveliness rarely seen in such precise works, as they are rooted in the immediacy and primacy of the everyday. Titles give cues to the work’s inspiration and insight into their real-life allusion; what results is an enjoyable connection to the abstraction’s referential qualities.
Kremer has exhibited his works internationally in fairs, and solo and group exhibitions alongside respected names like Mark Flood - a partner in Kremer's I Love You Baby, a Houston-based group of artists that held all-night painting parties in the early 90s - and Tauba Auerbach. He has shown in Houston, Marfa, Los Angeles, Detroit, Brussels, NY, London and Paris and is held in collections worldwide.
Paul created the popular image series Great Art In Ugly Rooms, an internet phenomenon that presents shockingly realistic photo renderings of historical works in laundromats, public restrooms, discount stores and the like. He has been included in publications such as The New York Times, Interview Magazine, Observer and White Lies Magazine.
- Paul Kremer: Stacks, Slopes and Streams - Berggruen Gallery | San Francisco, CA
- Lean Mechanics - Eugene Binder | Marfa, TX
- Zona Maco - Library Street Collective | Mexico City, Mexico
- Base Zones – Sorry We’re Closed | Brussels, BE
- Hometown Bait – Pablo Cardoza | Houston, USA
- Frozen Territory – Eugene Bender | Marfa, USA
- Dad’s Garage – Makebish | New York, USA
- I Love You Baby – We’ve Made a Huge Mistake | Houston, USA
SELECTIVE GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- Machine Show - Library Street Collective | Detroit, USA
- Unobstructed Views – Library Street Collective | Detroit, USA
- EXPO CHGO – Library Street Collective | Chicago, USA
- Nine Artists at Donjon de Vez Castle – T&L Galerie | Paris, FR
- What’s Up 2.0– LVH Art | London, UK
- Bougainvillea Begonia – Jonathan Hopson | Houston, USA
- Face to Face – Ernesto Esposito Collection | Salerno, IT
- Pushing Boundaries – Site 131 | Dallas, USA
- Payday Lenders – Cardoza Fine Art | Houston, USA
- The Future is OW – Marlborough Chelsea | New York, USA